6 Tips for Using Instagram for Business
In addition to Facebook and Twitter, Instagram is a great way to connect via social media in a simple, concise way. The below suggestions will ensure that your Instagram remains professional while being informative and engaging.
- Build Awareness – Be sure to link up your new Instagram account with your existing Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Google+ accounts. This ensures that your current followers on those other accounts will know that you now also have an Instagram account, and they’ll be encouraged to follow it as well. Also, be sure to add an Instagram button to your website and use the cross-post feature on Instagram, which gives you the option to easily share your Instagram’ed photos on Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Mix It Up – Strike a balance between posting images strictly relating to your business and fun or interesting photos. Those lighthearted pictures will attract more likes and followers, who will then see both your entertaining and business-related posts in their feed. For example, Macy's account blends standard merchandise pictures with exciting, behind-the-scenes shots and videos of their fashion events, photo shoots, advertising campaigns and runway shows.
- Don’t Limit Yourself – Instagram isn’t just for posting pics — you can share videos as well. In fact, the Instagram App allows you to quickly and easily record and edit your own short videos. You can even add a filter to give your videos a more colorful, unique look.
- Get Inspired – Follow the Instagram account of a successful company in your field to see what they post, how they handle their account and interact with their followers. Use them as an example and guideline for how to run your brand’s account.
- Embrace the Hashtag – Make it a point to add descriptive, relevant hashtags to your photo descriptions. This will get them more views and likes, as well as spread awareness of your company and what it’s about. However, make sure that you don’t go overboard with hashtagging, as using them incorrectly or way too much can come off as annoying and overzealous.
- Stay Ahead of the Trend – Take note of which hashtags are currently trending and find creative ways to incorporate them into your posts. For example, you can plan in advance to use the popular #FridayFollow hashtag next Friday morning to bring attention to the professional Instagram accounts of your employees or other companies that you support in your field. This will get them more followers while simultaneously growing your follower base as well.
To further help you navigate its social media platform, Instagram has created an Instagram for Business blog. Check it out for more advice and tips on how your business can utilize everything Instagram has to offer.
MedNet Can Handle It for You
Too busy to manage your social media needs? Let MedNet help! We can plan an organized and effective social media strategy to get potential clients interested in your services! Contact a MedNet Representative to learn more.