Common Social Media Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
The world of social media can sometimes be difficult to navigate, whether you’re a seasoned pro or someone who has just signed up for their first Facebook account. It can be especially tough to manage social media pages for your business, where any mistakes may have an impact on your reputation. To help you make the most out of your social media presence, explore some of the most common social media mistakes and what you can do to avoid them.
Common Social Media Mistakes
- Not engaging with your followers. The term is social media for a reason -- it should be a conversation between you and your followers. There are a number of ways you can engage followers, from answering their questions to encouraging conversation on your posts, so make sure you’re doing all you can to boost engagement.
- Focusing too much on selling. While social media can be a great platform for you to push any products or promotions, it’s important to make sure you’re also including thoughtful, relevant content that will keep your followers interested. Constantly trying to sell to your followers can paint your practice in a poor light and may even cause them to unlike or unfollow your pages.
- Neglecting Twitter and Google+. While many practices choose to focus solely on Facebook, it’s important not to simply ignore Twitter and Google+. Twitter has a large and ever-growing network of users, while Google+ is tied to your business’ local listing on Google.
- Posting rarely or inconsistently. A social media presence isn’t going to do your practice any good if you’re not posting enough or posting at strange times. Creating a consistent, informative feed on your social media pages will keep your followers interested and engaged.
- Failing to set up an office social media policy. If you’re planning on letting other members of your staff work on your social media pages, it’s important to lay out guidelines or procedures ahead of time. Only give social media access to those you trust and if an employee leaves, make sure that they are no longer able to access your practice’s social media pages.
If You're Not Ready to Manage Your Practice's Social Media Presence, Let MedNet Help.
If you don't have the time to manage your own social media presence, MedNet Technologies can help design a unique and effective campaign for your medical practice. For more information, contact a MedNet representative today at 1-877-MEDNETT.
Category: Social Media