An Introduction To Google Analytics
For many, installing and even managing a Google Analytics account can seem like a daunting task. It is easy to get lost in all the charts, data and terminology, especially if you have no idea what it is you need to be looking at. Here are some important words to know to help you better understand the information Google Analytics provides.
- Sessions: A session is the amount of time a user is actively using your website within a given period of time. Sessions can include anything from single to multiple page views, social interactions, events and ecommerce transactions. In simpler terms, a session is a visit to your website.
- Bounce rate: A bounce rate is the percentage of single page sessions. These are sessions in which the user left your site from the entrance or initial page without interacting with the page or viewing any other pages.
- Acquisition: An acquisition refers to how you acquire users. Organic (keyword) searches, direct visits, social pages and referrals/links from other sites are some forms of acquisitions tracked by Google Analytics.
- Campaign: A campaign is the way in which users find your website, either through organic searches or paid ads on Google.
- Conversions: A conversion is when a goal has been completed on your website. You can set up a variety of goals to help measure your practice’s progress and growth. Goals can be setup to track purchases made, contact forms completed, the conversion rates for ads, sign-ups for emails or newsletters, visits to specific pages and more.
Interested in a Google Analytics Account? Let MedNet Help!
Managing your Google Analytics account can be a big job--especially if you are new to it. Don't worry, MedNet can help! Our SEO team will create and manage your account to help keep up your web presence. Contact a MedNet representative today to learn more.
Category: Search Engine Optimization