5 Ways to Prevent & Manage Negative Online Patient Reviews
For the medical industry in particular, patient reviews are an essential part of establishing brand awareness, reputation and the enhancement of your SEO ranking strategy. But, what happens when an unsatisfied patient posts negative feedback about your practice online?
Here are some tips and tactics to avoid and conquer negative online patient reviews!
- Start by building your own brand. Claim your Google Places listing, and encourage satisfied patients to post reviews there. Also, start blogging and work on optimizing your website in search engines. This will help you control what’s ranking for your brand name and keep any negative mentions off of top Google pages.
- Follow up with patients immediately after an appointment. This way, they’re prompted to share feedback with you directly, and you can tackle any issues privately.
- Set up Google alerts for your name and practice name to receive email updates whenever you’re mentioned online. You can also use tools like Twitter Search to monitor what people are saying about your brand on Twitter.
- Do not share or purchase fake reviews. Don’t try to overwrite negative reviews with fake positive reviews! Patients will almost always find out, which this will further hurt your reputation.
- Be proactive on social networks. The more proactive your practice is on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and Google+, the easier it is to build a loyal fan base.
Online reviews can help or hurt your practice’s online presence. Staying on top of your reputation is crucial in a world where a potential patient is more likely to search Google for your practice than pick up the phone book!
Need Help Managing your Online Reputation?
At MedNet, we provide a variety of services that help enhance the online presence of healthcare practices worldwide. Contact a MedNet representative and ask us about our Internet marketing packages.
Image courtesy of / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Category: Search Engine Optimization