Email Marketing is NOT Dead!
Despite what you may have heard, email marketing is not dead! In fact, it continues to be one of the most effective ways to reach patients, especially when paired with social networking.
According to Constant Contact, in 2011, roughly 200 billion permission-based emails were sent out in the U.S. alone, and 81% of marketers used social media to expand the reach of those emails.
Why Choose Email Marketing?
- It’s measurable. Modern email software makes tracking email marketing campaigns simple. You can even tell whose opening and whose clicking through.
- It’s preferred. According to Constant Contact, 74% of online adults prefer email over any other method of communication.
- It’s green. Instead of wasting paper with costly direct mail newsletters, email marketing saves you money and promotes a better environment.
- It keeps them interested. Frequent email communication achieves top-of-mind awareness. Keep patients thinking about your practice!
How Can You Use Email Marketing for your Medical Practice?
Email marketing is a great way to stay in touch with past patients, reach existing patients and introduce your practice to prospective patients. Consider using email marketing to:
- Announce new products or procedures available at your practice.
- Share invitations to events your practice is hosting.
- Share promotions or specials your practice is offering.
- Update your email-base on timely news related to your medical specialty.
- Share practice news. Did you take on a new doctor? Get nominated for an award? Spread the good word!
How Do You Use Email Marketing at Your Medical Practice?
Tell us how you use email marketing to communicate with patients. Don’t use email to promote your practice? Tell us what types of marketing you do use.
Interested in Launching an Email Newsletter?