Top 2013 Social Media Trends and What They Mean For You
With 2013 coming to a close and 2014 quickly approaching, it is a vital time for reflection and resolutions. Looking back at the year’s most prominent social media patterns can help your practice figure out how to better ensure that it reaches its patients and asserts its presence online. Let’s take a look at some of the top trends in social media in the past year according to the Huffington Post.
Top 5 Social Media Trends in 2013:
- Social media keeps expanding at an exponential rate. This shouldn't be much of a surprise. But it is an important trend in that no practice should neglect to represent themselves on popular social media sites when they keep rising at such an accelerated rate. In fact, social media is now believed to surpass many mediums that are considered traditional broadcast media when it comes to marketing.
- Social media engagement is steadily moving to mobile. The Huffington Post claims that 15 percent of global internet traffic now consists of mobile users, and that fifty percent of average global mobile web users now use mobile devices as either their primary or exclusive means of going online. Ensuring that your site is user-friendly on mobile devices can guarantee more traffic and engagement from patients and prospective clients.
- Other platforms are gaining popularity that equals or rivals Facebook. Young people are especially paying more attention to social media sites like Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter over Facebook. But at the same time, the Huffington Post reveals that Facebook engagement is increasing among the older demographics. Balanced representation on these sites can help you reach a wider and more diverse audience to increase your amount of potential clients.
- Advertisements are becoming more prominent. Instagram and Facebook were especially successful in this practice, and Facebook advertising in general proved to be very successful for many different businesses and pages. This pattern over the past year only reinforces the importance of ensuring visibility on Facebook and other popular platforms of social media.
- Photos were the most popular medium within social media. Sites like Instagram and Pinterest, which are image-based, are essential vehicles for any practice. You can ensure far more client engagement using these tools, as internet users are far more likely to click on a picture than on a block of text. Micro-videos, like those on Vine, have also grown in popularity and have proven useful for advertisement experimentation. Ensuring that your practice is utilizing images in their social media platforms can help you increase client engagement within your online presence.
MedNet Can Help
MedNet offers a wide variety of services to help you create, organize, and publish content to your website and/or social media accounts. With the internet marketing services we offer, we can help you establish and maintain your presence online. Contact a MedNet representative today to learn more.
Tags: Social Media