How to Get More Followers on Twitter
When it comes to social media marketing, Twitter might be the most important platform for businesses. The goal of Twitter is to establish and engage in meaningful interactions with existing and potential clients. However, there are some tricks to getting more followers on Twitter that may not be so obvious. To follow are a few tips and tricks for increasing your Twitter followers!
- Organic followers are the best followers. Under no circumstances should you ever purchase followers in bulk. Although this practice is widely used, it negates the main purpose of using Twitter. When purchasing followers, often the profiles are fake. You will have a larger quantity of followers, but the quality reaction will be lost.
- Once you have created a Twitter profile with an appropriate Twitter handle, it is time to optimize your profile page! Use professional photos, create a custom background with your practice's logo, and make sure that it is clear who you are and what you do. Profiles that are completed are more likely to be followed. Include a full bio, a URL to your practice's website, and contact information.
- It's always a good time to tweet. The more visible your account is to followers, the more traction you will create. What is it that you should be tweeting for your target audience? What do you want them to know? Automatically tweet original blog content, and retweet related content from other users. It's ok to repeat tweets a few hours apart, in fact, its useful! Understandably, no one has the time to be logged on to Twitter 24/7, but interesting sites and programs like Hootsuite, Hubspot and Tweetdeck allow users to create and schedule tweets in advance.
- Use original photos to make tweets stand out, but not in every single post. When users are scrolling through their feed, new content is constantly popping up. It's good to put a pic in a tweet every 3-4 tweets to keep your feed looking interesting.
- If someone follows you, and they're not spam, follow them back! Getting a new follower on Twitter is the internet equivalent of a compliment, so return the favor, and compliment them back! This also works the other way, if you follow a user first, then they are likely to follow you back. It's internet etiquette, but choose who you are following carefully. It should be potential and existing patients, colleagues, competitors, hospitals, professional organizations, and industry news to stay relevant and effective.
- Why is the pound symbol called a hashtag? A hashtag, formally known as a pound symbol, is an easy way to search what people are talking about on Twitter. Use them in your posts so that when other people are searching that same hashtag, they will be able to see your tweet! For example if you are a plastic surgeon and have just posted a tweet about nose surgery, use #rhinoplasty in the post to extend your audience past your existing followers.
- Remain visible across all of your media outlets! Make sure there is a Twitter button on your blog and your practice's website, and most important of all, make sure that your Twitter profile is public, so that everyone can see it!
MedNet Can Handle It For You
Too busy to manage your Twitter account? Let MedNet help! We can plan an organized and effective strategy to get potential patients interested in your services! Contact a MedNet Representative to learn more.