10 Marketing Tips for Your Medical Practice
Successful online marketing doesn't happen over night. In fact, it's difficult to know when you've crossed the finish line if you haven't set a goal. Today, businesses are expected to do more than run an advertisement in the local paper to market their business. Running an ad in the local paper may be the least effective way to market your business when there are so many different avenues to explore. To follow are the top ten marketing tips for your medical practice website.
- Set a goal. Work with a professional marketing company to determine a specific growth you wish to see in your medical practice within a set time period. Without goals, it is impossible to measure success.
- Determine follow-up appointment contact methods. Does your medical practice call patients to remind them to schedule follow-up appointments? In addition to phone calls, consider sending e-mail reminders or Google+ events through an online calendar.
- Strategize your referral system. Deeply consider your competition's practices before referring a patient to another doctor. For example, optometrists often refer patients to ophthalmologists. It is important not to refer a patient to a ophthalmology practice that employs optometrists because it is too convenient for the patient to move their business to that practice.
- Establish and maintain a presence across all marketing platforms that shows rather than tells patients what type of medical practice they are engaged in.
- Increase visibility of your medical practice website. This can be achieved through social media marketing, search engine marketing, and search engine optimization.
- Create a buzz on social media. Get people talking about you in a positive way!
- Use resources to develop a well-written, factual and visually stimulating website.
- Above all, show that your medical practice is committed to quality.
- Develop brand continuity. This can include making sure that the logo used on your website matches the sign outside of your building, your letterhead for official documents, staff email signatures and social media profiles. Making sure everything matches ensures that your existing and potential patients can easily identify you.
- Don't spread your practice too thin. Quality is everything. If you practice has exceeded its ability to see new patients, consider limiting the insurance plans you accept and whether or not at this time you can accept new patients.
Set Your Marketing Goals With MedNet!
Not sure how to market your medical practice on the internet? Let MedNet Help! Our marketing specialists can develop a campaign unique to your practice! For more information, contact a MedNet Representative to learn more.
Category: Internet Marketing