Changes to Your Facebook News Feed
The world of social media is constantly evolving, and Facebook is no exception. In their efforts to constantly improve the user experience, Facebook surveyed hundreds of thousands of people with the goal of finding out what people want to see in their News Feed. What they learned from this survey is that users would rather see posts from friends and Pages they trust, rather than promotional content. To help keep users happy and encourage paid advertising, Facebook has announced that they will soon be introducing new content and volume controls designed to filter out overtly promotional posts.
Facebook defines overly promotional posts based on three different factors. Pulling from their announcement, these are:
- Posts that solely push people to buy a product or install an app
- Posts that push people to enter promotions and sweepstakes with no real context
- Posts that reuse the exact same content from ads
While this may not affect everyone, it can play a big role in the way you manage your practice’s Facebook page. If promotional Facebook posts are a major part of your practice’s marketing plan, take a look at some ways you can overcome this change.
- Promote your Facebook posts. While this change is being made to benefit users, it’s also being done to encourage paid advertising. While you may not like the idea of paying to have your posts seen, promoted posts guarantee an audience and can expand its reach to those who don’t already like your page.
- Make your posts count. Instead of explicitly trying to sell products or services, create posts that can actually benefit the people who like your page. This will add context to your post, and can help ensure that it isn’t filtered out by Facebook.
- Explore Facebook’s “Page posting tips and best practices” page. You may not realize it, but Facebook has several resources designed to help you create unique and compelling content for your business. By adhering to their best practices, you are taking a step in the right direction when it comes to having your posts seen.
Don't Have Time to Manage Your Practice's Social Media Presence? Let MedNet Help.
MedNet Technologies can help design a unique social media marketing campaign for your medical practice. For more information, contact a MedNet representative at 1-877-MEDNETT.